Law Mantra Online Journal (ISSN: 2394-7829) is Monthly Double Blind Peer Review Academic Journal, published online, that seeks to provide an interactive forum for the publication of articles in the field of Law and Governance. Journal is currently soliciting submissions for Volume 5, Issue 8,9. The submission deadline for Volume 5, Issue 8,9 is 10th April, 2018. We welcome submissions from academicians, practitioners, students, researchers and experts from within the legal community. We have a strong preference for articles that assert and defend a well-reasoned position.
Journal runs under the Chairmanship of Mr. Justice Deepak Verma (Retd.), Judge, Supreme Court of India and Advisory Board of Prof.(Dr.) Mool Chand Sharma, Founder Vice-Chancellor, Central University Haryana, Justice N.C Sil, Former Judge Calcutta High Court & Former Acting Chair Person W.B.H.R.C, Prof.(Dr.) M.P Singh, Chancellor, Central University, Haryana, Prof. Koh Kheng Lian, Emeritus Professor KOH Kheng-Lian, Faculty of Law, National University of Singapore; Member Advisory Committee, Asia- Pacific Centre for Environmental Law, Prof. (Dr.) R. Venkata Rao, Vice-Chancellor National Law School of India University Nagarbhavi, Bangalore, Prof.(Dr.) Ranvir Singh, Vice-Chancellor, National Law University, Delhi, Prof.(Dr.) Faizan Mustaffa, Vice Chancellor, NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad, Prof.(Dr.) A. Lakshminath, Vice Chancellor, Chanakya National Law University, Patna, Prof. (Dr.) Paramjit S. Jaswal, Vice-Chancellor, Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab, Prof.(Dr.) Bhavani Prasad Panda, Vice Chancellor, MNLU, Mumbai, Prof.(Dr.) Vijender Kumar, Vice-Chancellor, National Law University, Nagpur, Prof.(Dr.) Manoj Kumar Sinha, Director, Indian Institute of Law, New Delhi, Prof.(Dr.) J.S Patil, Vice-Chancellor, National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam, Prof. (Dr.) V.Vijayakumar, Former Vice-Chancellor of Dr. Ambedkar Law University, Chennai, Prof. (Dr.) Rose Varghese, The National University of Advanced Legal Studies (NUALS), Kochi, Prof. (Dr.) S.C. Raina, Vice Chancellor, Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla, Prof.(Dr.) Mukund Sarda, Principal & Dean, New Law College, Pune, Prof.(Dr.) Naresh Kumar Vats, Professor of Law, National Law University, Nagpur, Mr Tom Valenti, Intentional Arbitrator, Mr.Abhishek Mishra, Asst.Prof. W.B.N.U.J.S Kolkatta and other luminaries from the legal fraternity. It is aimed at institutionalizing and channelling the analytical and incisive articles of students towards value addition and developing inherent potentials of legal fraternity.
Call for Papers: Law Mantra Online Monthly Journal (ISSN: 2321-6417) is a monthly double blind peer reviewed journal. We look forward for submissions from members of the Bar, Bench and the academia. Submissions can be in the form of long articles, short articles, case comments, legislative notes and book reviews.
Deadline: The last date for submission of papers is 10th April, 2018
Nature of Contributions:
- Articles: An article must conduct a complete analysis of the area of law, which the author seeks to highlight. It must contain a comprehensive study of the existing law, indicating the lacunae therein, and must contain an attempt to suggest possible changes which can address the said lacunae. An article should be between 4,000-5,000 words.
- Essays: An essay is more adventurous as it challenges challenging existing paradigms/norms and provides a fresh outlook to common problems. It is strongly recommended that essays be considerably more concise than articles, in terms of scope and conceptualization. An essay is thus advised to be between 3,000-5,000 words.
- Notes: A note is a relatively concise form of an argument advanced by the author. The focus of a note should be on a relatively new debate or controversy regarding the interpretation or implementation in the law. Notes shall primarily highlight contemporary issues, which need to be addressed, and the authors are expected to offer a solution. The maximum word limit for a manuscript in the form of note is 2,500 words.
- Comments: A comment is where the author may decide to critique any recent/landmark judicial pronouncement or any recent legislation or bill before the Parliament or State Legislature. The word limit for a comment is 2,500 words.
- Word Limit: As has already been indicated, the maximum word limit for articles and essays is 5,000 words (exclusive of footnotes) whereas that for notes and comments is 2,500 words (exclusive of footnotes).
- Citation Format: The citation format to be used is The Bluebook (19th ed.). In keeping with the same, speaking footnotes are discouraged.
- Biographical Information of Authors: A separate document with biographical information of the authors must also be attached including the following details: Name, E mail address, Postal Address, Name and Address of Institution, Course (if applicable), Academic Year.
Plagiarism Guidelines: As per the Law Mantra Online Journal Policy on Academic Misconduct, “plagiarism” means failure to acknowledge ideas or phrases from another source. Such source is not limited to published text. Acknowledgement of others’ work is expected even if the source was a discussion (whether oral or written) with another person, or use of materials on the internet.
Note: It is assumed that work submitted is represented as being authored by the person on whose behalf it is submitted. Falsification of Work Product is falsifying, concocting or misrepresenting of data, statistics, or other observations/ information.
Submission: All submissions should be made electronically at email@example.com
The last date for submission of manuscripts is 10th April, 2018.
For More Details Visit:- http://journal.lawmantra.co.in