AMU LAW ENTRANCE TEST
What is AMU?
“The Aligarh Muslim University [AMU]” is the oldest and most prominent established Law School in India which was established in the year 1920. The main purpose of establishing such a university is for providing quality education for students who want to pursue a good career. The University offers Diploma, undergraduate program (U.G), Postgraduate Programme(P.G.), other Certificate courses and 13 Ph.D. programs in different fields.
How to take Admission into AMU?
The admission into AMU takes pace through the AMU Entrance Exam which takes place every year by the university itself. AMU conducts two different kinds of the exam. Firstly, there is an admission test which is conducted at a university level. And the second one is a Departmental Test which is conducted by the respective departments. The Exam can be written either in English or Hindi subject to the Aspirant’s convenience. It is an Offline exam i.e. it should be a Paper-pen exam type where the paper is an OMR sheet.
What is the Eligibility Criteria to appear for AMU Law Admission Test?
The candidate who is wishing to appear for the exam as an India-Citizen should provide the Migration Certificate from the previous university as residential criteria. The foreign nationals are eligible if they carry a valid foreign passport and have knowledge of Adequate Hindi or English which is required to write the exam.
For a candidate to pursue B.A.LL.B, his age should be below 22 years on the 1st of July on his year of admission. The candidate pursuing LL.M must be less than 27 years for admission on 1st July of that academic year. The Aspirant can even have any number of attempts as they wish to write.
For B.A LLB (Hons)
Candidates who have completed Intermediate/10th/ Bridge Course from AMU or equivalent are eligible. The Candidates should score 50% marks to qualify. For pursuing B.A.LL.B, the Aspirant must be below 22 years for admission on 1st of July of that academic year.
Candidates must have qualified the B.A.LL.B/ LL.M or any other equivalent law degree from any recognized board or university with at least 55% of marks to get eligibility. For pursuing LL.M, the candidate must be less than 27 years for admission on 1st July of that academic year.
What is the Pattern for the Exam?
The exam pattern helps the Aspirant to study accordingly. There will be a total of 100 questions which are Multiple Choice type and are answered within 2 hours. The total marks of the Entrance Test are 100. The paper structured into different Sections consists of questions of different subjects. These sections include Proficiency in English which carries 40 marks, Current Affairs or General Knowledge carrying 40 marks and Reasoning or Aptitude which carry 20 marks.
For more details: http://results.amucontrollerexams.com/syllabus/syllabus/BALLB.pdf
For LL.M: The Exam for Postgraduate comprises of both subjective questions and objective questions for 100 marks.
For more details: http://results.amucontrollerexams.com/syllabus/syllabus/LLM.pdf
What is the Marking Scheme of the Exam?
For B.A.LL.B: As there are 100 different Multiple Choice Questions, There will be an award of 1 mark(s) for every correct answer which makes a total 100. The paper also includes Negative Marking, it would deduce 0.25 marks for every wrong answer as a penalty. Though attempting the whole paper is mandatory, it is not required to answer all the questions. There would be no change in total marks for/ every unanswered question.
For LL.M :
As there are 50 different Multiple Choice Questions and 50 Subjective questions.
For Multiple Choice Questions: There will be an award of 1 mark(s) for every correct answer which makes a total 50. The paper also includes Negative Marking, it would deduce 0.25 marks for every wrong answer as a penalty. Though attempting the whole paper is mandatory, it is not required to answer all the questions. There would be no change in total marks for/ every unanswered question.
For Subjective Questions: The number of subjective questions are certain and change for the person who made the Question paper. However, there would be a negative marking of 25% of the total marks for that question attempting correct. No marks if the question remained unanswered.
For more details: http://results.amucontrollerexams.com/courses/faculties/guides/Guide-2020-21.pdf
What is the Syllabus for the AMU LAW Admission Test?
There are diverse topics from which questions in the Undergraduate- level exam are based. These diverse topics are Proficiency in English, Current Affairs or General Knowledge and Reasoning or Aptitude. All these subjects carry different weightage in the number of questions on each subject which is already discussed earlier.
English Comprehension includes questions in otherwise, to test the capability of language from the students. The G.K and Current Affairs questions are asked to test the social knowledge of the Aspirant. The mental ability and Aptitude questions can be answered using logic and decision-making ability. Questions from Common Legal Knowledge are asked to test the Candidate’s social, political and logical ability. It also judges eligibility of the aspirant to take law.
The Exam for Postgraduate Level consists of Question-based on his/her LL.B or B.A.LL.B subjects.
What is the procedure to apply for the exam?
The Aspirants wishing to apply for the AMU Law Entrance Exam should follow the following procedure:
- The mode of application is online. So, the aspirant should have an electronic device or should go to the internet center to Apply for the AMU Law Entrance Exam.
- Aspirants should first go to the official website of the university i.e. “https://www.amu.ac.in/”. The application process is carried out through the “Admissions Portal” of the university where they have to fill the details for appearing the exam online.
- The candidates should submit after filling the details of registration at https://dt.amucontrollerexams.com/oaps/user/register. A unique login ID and password thereby created for the aspirant and the same are sent to the mail.
- These login ID and password details are to be used to log in through the portal. The rest of the details are to be filled like personal details, educational details, etc.
Portal to enter login ID and password: https://dt.amucontrollerexams.com/oaps/user
- While filing the details, one should have a Coloured Photo having white background containing Signature and Thumb Impression of the Candidate in JPG format ONLY. It can be a scanned copy also. The size of the file should be around 20KB to 100KB, Mobile number and Email address, Details of Online Banking, Credit/ Debit Card and Details of the qualifying examination
- The candidate also required to upload the following document is JPEG/JPG format between 200 KB to 2 MB.
- Candidate’s High school Certificate or Date of Birth Certificate (can be a scanned copy also)
- Grade sheet/ marks sheet of the qualifying examination. (can be a scanned copy also)
- If the person belongs to a special category, certificates showing the same.
- Any other documents that feel necessary
- After filling, all the details, the application directs to the payment page. The fee to be paid is subject to his caste and the course he wishes to take in BHU. Special concessions are given for the people with disability in fee payments
|B.A.LL.B||Rs. 700/- has to be paid|
|LL.M||Rs. 500/- has to be paid.|
- The Applicant can only pay through an online payment mode. The candidate must possess a debit card or credit card to complete payment. They have to simply follow the instructions and complete the process. For a late fee, an additional amount of Rs 100/- shall be charged. The application fee is non-refundable. The candidates are required to secure all the possible documents as they are used for future reference and no print document is necessary to send to the university. They should take a print of the application form.
- Once, the fee payment is done, the registration process is completed.
For any details regarding the application or payment of fee, please go through,
- The Aspirants are required to download their Admit Card on the date which would be either mentioned in the notice board of the university website or intimated through mail. The applicants should use their Login ID and password to download their Admit card. This Admit card acts as a Hall-ticket to appear for the exam. The candidate must bring their admit card along with photo ID and some other ID proof.
What would happen the aftermath of the test?
After completing the test, the Aspirants should wait for the results. However, results are announced through online mode. Regular checks on the university website will let the candidates know more details.
For checking the result, one should Log on to the University Website, go to the ‘Admissions and Exams’ portal on the home page, click on the relevant link and enter the roll number and press ‘go’. Hence, the result would be showed on the screen.
Notice Board is available at https://www.amu.ac.in/
Results can be seen through http://amucontrollerexams.com/testres.php
The result of candidate consists of all the details like candidate’s marks, merit within applied category
AMU Law Counselling
Qualified candidates are asked to visit the university for AMU Law Counselling in July. The qualified candidates must participate in the counseling process to get admission into the university. The qualified students should carry a list of documents to get admission in the university at the time of counseling
- A grade Sheet or Marks sheet of the exam qualified is needed.
- Migration and Transfer certificate.
- A Certificate showing Character from the previous Institution is needed.
- An undertaking must be given in the format prescribed in case of nom-availability of certificates.
- Date of Birth should be supported by a High School certificate or its equivalent.
- FIVE (2.5 x 3.0 cm) photo IDs’ (in white background).
- In case, if there is a special category, a certificate showing the same.
- TWO postage stamps bared Self-addressed envelopes bearing costing Rs. 22.00 each
- Two Undertakings’ on plain paper
- Medical certificate
- Another certificate which is required from time- to- time and is necessary.
For more details please refer page 42 at