Allahabad University Law Admission Test (AU LAT)
The Allahabad University Law Admission Test (AU LAT) is conducted by the Allahabad University, Uttar Pradesh every year to offer Admission in its 3-Year LL.B Programme. The Examination is Objective in nature and is conducted in Offline Mode i.e. Pen & Paper-based Test (PBT) in various test centers across India.
Note: For admissions to the 5-year integrated law course i.e. B.A.LL.B, the university conducts a separate entrance exam known as – Law Faculty Admission Test (LFAT).
The link of Official Website of the Allahabad University is provided here-
Eligibility for the Examination:
Eligibility criteria of AU LAT as per prescribed by the exam conducting university are as follows:
- The Candidate should have completed their graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized University.
- Candidates should have obtained at least 45% marks in the qualifying degree if they are belonging to General Category, 42% marks if belonging to OBC category and 40% marks must be obtained if belonging to SC/ST Category.
- Those Candidates who are appearing in their final year examination of graduation degree can also apply for AU LAT, but the candidate’s eligibility will be considered only if they submit the proof of qualifying the degree at the time of final admission procedure.
- Candidates who have completed their graduation via the distance mode of education will not be allowed to take the AU LAT.
- There is no Age Limit for appearing in the Examination.
- Candidates falling in Foreign National or Non-Resident Indian category who has graduated from a foreign university are no need to appear for the entrance test in spite they will have a separate selection procedure.
Syllabus for the Examination:
The Syllabus of the AU LAT Examination are as follows:
- General Awareness and Reasoning.
- Mental Ability.
- Language Comprehension.
- Legal Aptitude.
- Current Affairs.
The pattern for the Examination:
|SECTIONS||SUBJECTS||NO. OF QUESTIONS||MARKS|
|Reasoning and Mental Ability||25|
- Marking Scheme: Two marks will be awarded for every correct answer and negative marking of 0.5 marks will be done for every incorrect answer.
- The Medium of question paper will be in English Language only.
- Duration: The time given to complete the whole examination will be of 2 hours 30 minutes.
The Stepwise Application Process for AU LAT is as follows:
- STEP-1: Go to the Official Website of Allahabad University. The link is provided here- http://allduniv.ac.in/
- STEP-2: Click on the “Admission 2020” or go directly by clicking on this link- http://www.aupravesh2020.com/Home/RegMsg.aspx
- STEP-3: After carefully reading all the instructions, click on ‘Go to Registration’.
- STEP-4: Enter your basic details like name, Father’s Name, Date of Birth, email address, mobile number, preferred program, and department and submit it after confirming all the details.
- STEP-5: Sign in to your account using the application number and pay the Fees.
The Qualifying Students are selected on Cut-Off Basis of marks obtained.
After the examination, students qualifying in the examination are promoted to the next step of the examination procedure i.e Interview.
AU LAT Examination Day Guidelines:
On the day of the examination, candidates should follow a few instructions as given below:
- Candidates should reach their allotted test center at least an hour before the exam schedule for document verification and seat arrangement purpose.
- All Candidates must carry AU LAT admit card and one valid photo ID proof – Aadhaar Card, Voter ID, Passport, PAN card etc.handy with them.
- Candidates should also carry two pens (black or blue colour) and an HB pencil to mark answers on the OMR sheet provided.
- Candidates should avoid carrying mobile phones, earphones, watches, or even any type of study material to the examination center/ hall.
Such items will not be allowed inside the examination, and, there may also not be any facility to keep them outside the test center.
How to Prepare for AU LAT?
Here are some helpful tips for the candidates to prepare for the Examination:
- Try solving Previous Year Solved Question Papers.
- Make a Balanced Time-Table for better time management. Students have to make a schedule for every subject with different priorities.
- Mock Tests should be given regularly by the aspirants to keep a check on the current preparation and also to boost up your speed.
- Work on weaker areas as it happens that students are very strong in a few subjects & weaker in others.
- Candidates must read good Newspapers, Articles, monthly magazines, Blogs, etc. to increase the knowledge about Current Affairs and also to improve your language.
- Refer some of the good Reference Books like Lucent General knowledge, R S Agarawal, etc. for a healthy preparation
- REVISE REVISE and REVISE!