Govt. of Sri Lanka Presidential Scholarships for Bachelors in Law [Full Tuition Fee, Visa & Monthly Allowance]: Apply by April 16
Government of Sri Lanka Presidential Scholarships programme for Foreign Students implemented by the Ministry of Higher Education and Highways has been in operation for seven years. That provides scholarships annually to foreign students from identified countries.
It is hoped that this would bring about stronger educational and cultural ties with friendly nations. This scholarship scheme offers international students a chance to enroll themselves in undergraduate programs conducted by some state universities in Sri Lanka.
Applications are invited from eligible students for the award of undergraduate scholarships offered by the Ministry of Higher Education and Highways (MoHEH), Sri Lanka for the academic year 2017/2018 and the courses are to commence in September 2018
Since this is a government to government scholarship program, candidates shall apply for this scholarship with the recommendation of the government nominating agency (i.e. Ministry or the government Institution of his/her country).
- Medium of instructions is English.
- Candidates can request for more than one course of study for securing chances to win a scholarship, identifying their preferences as places are limited in some fields.
- There may be instances where requested courses of study are not possible to offer due to unforeseen circumstances or limited places available in the particular field.
- If the given qualifications by the applicant are not compatible with the entry requirements of the university, those applications may not be successful.
- When completing the form, please ensure that you provide your full name as appeared in your passport.
- Please provide all the supporting documents in English, we require officially translated versions as well as copies in the original language.
- Please provide certified copies of all the supporting documents including the certified copies of the relevant pages of your passport, duly authenticated by relevant authorities.
- The copy of the certificate and the statement of results should be certified by the relevant Board of Examinations which conducted the examination concerned. Photocopies of the educational certificates will not be considered for evaluation and result in rejection of the application.
- Free of charge tuition and registration.
- Free Visa for studies
- One-off settlement allowance of LKR 10,000/-.
- A monthly living allowance of LKR 30, 000/- during the study period.
a. It is expected that the scholarship recipient will meet the expenditure for food and accommodation with the monthly allowance of LKR 30,000/- The relevant university/higher educational institute will assist in finding suitable
- Reimbursement of cost of air fare (economy class) to come to Sri Lanka and return his/her country after successful completion of studies [Payment is made for original bills only]. Note: Kindly note that all above payments are made in LKR
- Free of charge medical facilities at government hospitals other than dental related diseases.
Degree Programme: Bachelor of Laws
- University of Colombo
- University of Peradeniya
- University of Jaffna
Minimum eligibility requirements for admission:
A candidate should have obtained passes for:
(a) Three subjects from the following list at the Advanced Level Examination;
- Political Science
- Agricultural Science
- Higher Mathematics
- Business Statistics
- Business Studies
- Logic & Scientific Method
- Communication & Media Studies
- Mathematics/Combined Mathematics
- Information & Communication Technology
(b) One or two subjects from the above list and the other subject/subjects from the following list:
- Buddhism/Buddhist Civilization
- Hinduism/Hindu Civilization
- Christianity / Christian Civilization Islam/Islamic Civilization
- Greek & Roman Civilization Chinese
How to apply
The application form is given here
Do not leave any section of this application unanswered. Please write “N/A” in all irrelevant sections.
All the applications should be forwarded to Secretary, Ministry of Higher Education & Highways, No 18, Ward Place, Colombo 07, Sri Lanka on or before the closing date.
Closing date for applications for the academic year 2017/2018 will be 16th April 2018.
If you have any questions about filling out your application form please do not hesitate to contact the Additional Secretary (Development) office Tel: +94-11- 2697721 or +94-11-2688621 Fax: +94-11-2697239 E-mail:[email protected]