Saavn is the world’s largest South Asian focused music streaming service with millions of monthly active users. We are 200 entrepreneurs, across New York, California, Mumbai, Gurgaon, and Bangalore, who help music lovers access, discover, and listen to their favorite music across all languages and genres. We blend digital technology, data analysis (which we have affectionately coined Music Science), and a strong, fearless business acumen to reach all corners of the globe.
- L.L.B with strong academic performance.
- Admitted to practice in India.
- 4-5 years of transactional legal experience in a top-tier law firm or in-house legal department.
- Skills and experience in either (i) corporate/M&A/structured finance or (ii) entertainment/media/digital technology.
- Excellent business and legal judgment. Superior ability to assess risk and determine priorities based on that risk assessment as well as the needs of the business.
- Familiarity with the Indian music and entertainment industry helpful but not necessary.
- Proven ability quickly understand and learn new skill sets and new areas of practice.
- Exceptionally strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to tailor communication styles to diverse audiences.
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and complete them on time.
- An ideal candidate is “techie” by avocation and an avid music listener.
- An entrepreneurial, creative and solution-driven outlook on all legal strategies.
- Regular communication with Saavan business units to help identify and address legal issues associated with technology, digital product, digital content, integrated marketing, and programming across the Saavn platform.
- Advise and provide legal advice on a wide spectrum of contract, technology, corporate, advertising, intellectual property, corporate, and privacy related issues.
- Work closely with Saavan’s content strategy groups to assess risks associated with evolving content acquisition strategies and the licensing/clearance of related rights.
- Support the Legal and Business Affairs group with ongoing work streams including compliance, process improvement, template development and the use of technology to increase efficiencies.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
At Saavn, we blur work and play, and you get all the perks of a global company. You will get to work with a dynamic group of entrepreneurs, who are delivering results and working zealously across time zones to make a difference in the way the world experiences music. We love what we do, and we think you will too.
- Group Mediclaim
- Fun Fridays
- Flexible vacation policies
- Free healthy (and unhealthy) lunches & snacks
- Saavn-sponsored team outings
How to Apply?