You are an experienced lawyer who will work as part of the India legal team advising on a wide range of legal matters in India and the neighbouring region. You are a strong legal advisor on product and regulatory issues concerning intellectual property; regulations concerning certain key sectors with focus on the financial and telecom sectors; and general Internet law matters.
You have a genuine interest in technology, and prior experience in advising on financial regulations and working with various regulators in India.
In this role, you’ll advise the business on its activities primarily in India, and also in other neighbouring countries, including key legal risks and strategies, and work closely with cross-functional colleagues to roll out new products and manage regulatory, policy and contentious matters.
You are an outstanding lawyer who thinks creatively and strategically and you enjoy rolling up your sleeves to handle complex issues, but at the same time are eager to pitch in where needed to assist our rapidly growing businesses. You will have proven on-the-ground experience in working on online products in India and have the ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a collegial, fast-paced team environment.
20th century laws don’t always solve 21st century problems, and Google Legal crafts innovative approaches for handling some of the toughest legal challenges of the information age. Whether you’re a patent attorney, an intellectual property expert or an engineer headed to law school, Google Legal lets you take on unanswered legal quandaries and create new precedents. Our innovative services raise challenging questions that demand creative and practical answers. We provide those answers by working at the crossroads of the law and new technology, helping Google build innovative and important products for users around the world.
- Conduct legal reviews of Google’s product initiatives and work in consultation with Google’s government affairs representatives to provide solution-oriented practical advice to facilitate launches and innovation in India and neighbouring countries.
- Advise senior management and cross-functional project teams in Asia Pacific and the USA with regard to potential legal risks in India and neighbouring countries; ensure compliance with applicable laws across all aspects of Google’s operations in region.
- Respond promptly to a wide range of legal requests from Product Management, Sales, Marketing, Finance and other functional groups.
- Liaise with regulators and authorities in India, manage and autonomously run regulatory inquiries, relating to Google’s products and operations in India.
- Review proposed / draft legislation and work with our Policy team to advocate for improvements to the proposed / draft laws that will support an open online environment.
- LLB or LLM (or JD equivalent).
- 3 years of relevant advisory and regulatory experience within the intellectual property, financial and technology related areas in India.
- Qualified to practice law in India.
- In-house experience with an MNC.
- Excellent analytical, advisory, negotiation and contract drafting skills, exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Well-organised and able to manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure.
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety of matters from the complex matters to the routine standard matters.
- Sense of humour and commitment to professionalism.
- How to Apply?:Click Here to apply for this job.