As Regional Counsel at Google, you work on the most exciting legal issues as disruptive technological innovations require creative and proactive legal guidance. You’re part of a whip-smart group of in-house lawyers and the projects and cases you take on the challenge you to think big and differently. You are collaborative — ready to partner in initiatives that influence all aspects of the business and work with Googlers from all over the company. As an integrated part of the team, you proactively assess legal risks and advise on products that will not only move information into the 21st century but move information law forward as well.
- Conduct legal reviews of Google’s product initiatives and work in consultation with Google’s government affairs representatives to provide solution-oriented practical advice to facilitate launches and innovation in India and neighbouring countries.
- Advise senior management and cross-functional project teams in the Asia Pacific and the USA with regard to potential legal risks in India and neighbouring countries. Ensure compliance with applicable laws across all aspects of Google’s operations in the region.
- Respond promptly to a wide range of legal requests from Product Management, Sales, Marketing, Finance, and other functional groups.
- Liaise with regulators and authorities in India, manage and autonomously run regulatory inquiries, relating to Google’s products and operations in India.
- Review proposed/draft legislation and work with our Policy team to advocate for improvements to the proposed/draft laws.
- Bachelor’s degree in Laws and Legislation or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of advisory and regulatory experience within the intellectual property, financial and technology related areas in India.
- Qualified to practice law in India.
- LLM or JD degree.
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety of matters from the complex matters to the routine standard matters.
- Well-organized, with the ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure.
- Excellent analytical, advisory, negotiation and agreement drafting skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills.
How to Apply?