The India Tax Manager will report directly to the Head of Tax – Asia Pacific. As a member of the Corporate Tax team located in the Singapore, the Tax Manager will support the Head of Tax in managing the tax compliance, driving tax initiatives and processes and supporting the tax audits in the region. The manager will partner with the various functions and provide quality tax support. The role also involves significant interaction with the broader global tax group.
The Tax Manager must possess great communications skills and be a seasoned professional with at least 12 years of tax experience and proven track record in broad spectrum tax management in Asia Pacific. Ideally, the candidate would have experience in a similar role within a large, complex organization, with operations throughout Asia.
- Work closely with the Head of Tax – Asia Pacific to support, coordinate and manage the tax positions of the legal entities in compliance with legislation and corporate guidelines and to safeguard the company from financial risks and claims.
- Support the Head of Tax in managing the tax compliance and reporting requirements for the Asia Pacific region – including tax returns, tax payment calculations, tax forecasts, and deferred tax calculations, and technical analysis in support of audit issues.
- Oversight and coordination of compliance activities outsourced to external service providers. Assist and manage the tax audits in the region.
- Work with the global tax team to implement strategic goals, tax initiatives and policies. Establish a strong relationship with the regional businesses, finance, legal and policy leaders to share tax views and information.
- Ensure transfer pricing obligations (e.g. documentation) are fulfilled under local transfer pricing laws and regulations.
- Support and assist with the quarterly tax accounting and reporting.
- This includes the calculation and tracking of quarterly / year-end transfer pricing corrections, direct tax exposures and Uncertain Tax Positions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Law.
- Minimum 12 years of tax experience (preferably with at least 4-5 years in a Law Firm/Big 4 accounting firm).
- Experience in managing hardware, supply chain would be an added advantage.
- Broad tax experience including tax advisory, transfer pricing, tax compliance and tax controversy.
- Experience in tax audit management in India.
- Strong analytical, organization, documentation, and research skills.
- Ability to simplify and communicate complex business/ tax information.
- Ability to work as a team and interact with personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Hands-on, independent, able to multi-task and prioritize.
- Strong project management skills.
- Highly organized, self-motivated, meticulous, and ability to work independently in a high pressure, fast-paced environment.
- Able to travel at short notice.
How to Apply?: