About Walt Disney
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with UTV Software Communications Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney International.
We are seeking a Counsel to join our Legal team in Mumbai. You will be the lead legal support for the business teams across either content acquisition and production, or distribution. Leading a team of lawyers you will support clients by providing timely legal advice and leadership on IPR, contractual and contentious issues to the team.
- Drafting and advising on transactions and regulatory matters.
- Managing the team of lawyers supporting the aforementioned business teams and the standards & practices team.
- Risk mitigation.
- Providing guidance on contentious issues; liaising with external counsels.
Eligibility Criteria/ Skills Required:
- Minimum 4 to 6 years experience as a qualified lawyer in a law firm or in-house legal department.
- Further skills required include:Strong knowledge of digital, technology, and distribution platforms and models.
- Ability to identify legal and regulatory risks and propose and implement strategies to manage such risks in a timely and commercial manner.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects of a diverse nature across different business units.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and to lead business critical, high value transactions.
- High level of personal credibility and ability to engage with all levels of the business.
- Strong negotiation and stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to delegate to, and mentor junior team members.
- Fluent written and spoken English and Hindi, and strong oral communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent legal writing and drafting skills in English.
- LLB from India; LLM, JD, or equivalent qualification.
How to Apply?: