Amazon is looking for a talented attorney to support our rapidly growing and evolving payments businesses. You will serve as the lawyer responsible for counseling the business on a broad range of payment and regulatory matters including co-branded credit card programs, gift card
Products, pay with Amazon, points, currency conversion, and merchant services. Principal duties include providing day-to-day advice, resolving issues that arise in existing commercial relationships, drafting and negotiating complicated payments, co-brand and other commercial agreements and providing ongoing legal counseling in a wide range of legal areas, including regulatory compliance.
A successful candidate should have a strong transactional background and be hardworking, proactive, entrepreneurial, and able to apply sound, pragmatic judgment in ambiguous situations. Familiarity with a broad range of laws and commercial practices in the financial services industry will be helpful in this role. In-house experience at a technology or financial service company is a plus.
Throughout all the above tasks the Attorney will closely coordinate with the global legal teams and outside counsel.
· A minimum of 5+ years of legal experience in the financial sector (with several years of experience at a leading law firm and/or in-house at a major multinational corporation).
· Extensive experience and strong skills in drafting and negotiating contracts.
· Extensive experience in analyzing and responding to regulatory and compliance matters
· Ability to function autonomously yet communicates laterally and upwardly with ease.
· Strong legal and business judgment.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
· Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate and coordinate complex issues and projects with diverse levels of management and employees.
· LL.B. (undergraduate law degree) from a recognized university in India.
· Additional CS qualification is desirable.
· In-house experience at a technology or financial service company.
· Familiar with the electronic financial services sector to counsel and assist with payments-related matters to support Amazon’s payments businesses (such as merchant processing arrangements, co-branded and private label credit offerings, payment association rules, gift or stored value cards, banking and credit laws, and financial privacy).
· Familiarity with money service business compliance requirements, antimony laundering rules, know-your-customer requirements, and open loop stored value systems