WhatsApp is a fast-growing communication company with over 1 billion active users globally. We help bring friends, families, communities, futbol groups, doctors, storm chasers, and millions of others together. We are just getting started. We are looking for the best individuals to grow and support this incredible community of users. WhatsApp has been ranked as one of the Top 25 most downloaded apps in over 100 countries in the Apple App Store and has received over 1 Billion installs from Google Play. This role is broad and could involve, among other things, regulatory, litigation, intellectual property, law enforcement, encryption, integrity, privacy, and telecommunications matters, compliance and payments. You must have flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and organizational needs. In addition, you must have the ability to operate independently in a fast-paced, small but growing environment and work proactively with various teams, including communications, policy, business, product management, engineering, finance, tax, and customer support teams. This is a full-time position based in Delhi, India and will report to WhatsApp’s Director and Associate General Counsel responsible for Litigation, Regulatory, Law Enforcement, Intellectual Property, Compliance, and Integrity.
- Advise company in connection with regulatory and litigation matters.
- Manage a litigation portfolio, including litigation arising out of regulatory matters, intellectual property, privacy, integrity, telecommunications, and encryption.
- Advise company on compliance, privacy, and payments issues.
- Candidate must be able to represent WhatsApp externally to various audiences.
- Candidates must be flexible and willing to work on projects in other areas, including areas involving unfamiliar subject matters.
- Some travel may be required.
- LLB and excellent academic credentials from a top law school, minimum 10 years PQE
- 12+ years of relevant experience, including prior in-house experience with Internet or technology companies and/or a law firm.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with in-house clients and business partners
Ability to speak fluently in Hindi, Bengali, and/or other Indian languages.