The Administrative Officer (A.O.) will be responsible for all administrative and finance related functions of the research laboratory, Purchase & Stores, General Administration, dayto-day work including planning and execution of Projects, liaison with local administration /other authorities for obtaining land /environment clearances, promotions of existing scientists and other employees and recruitment of new employees, etc. In addition to keeping liaison with the NCS / MoES for proper flow of funds and other administrative matters, the A.O. is also involved in dealing with legal matters related to the Laboratory. He will be required to advice Director on administrative and financial matters.
Eligibility Criteria/ Skills Required:
- Master’s degree from a recognised university.
- Good knowledge of Information Technology and computer operation.
- 6 years experience in a Govt. / PSU / Autonomous body / in the relevant area in PB-3 + GP Rs 5400 or equivalent.
Field of Specialization & Experience:
- MBA / LLB / Diploma in Management / CA / ICWA / SAS or equivalent from a reputed institution.
- Working experience in dealing with recruitment policy, pension cases, financial management, purchase, estate management and organizing various events including official meetings and follow-up action, liaison with local administration.
- Leadership qualities to steer the whole administration of the Laboratory.
How to Apply?
a. Applications should be neatly typed on thick plain paper (A-4 size 210 x 297 mm) in the
prescribed format given below.
b. Copies of certificates in support of educational qualifications, date of birth, and experience
should be attached with the application. Candidates are required to produce the original
certificates at the time of interview.
c. Applications, incomplete in any respect are liable to be summarily rejected. No
representation against such rejection shall be entertained.
d. CANVASSING IN ANY FORM WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION OF
e. No correspondence will be entertained from candidates who are not selected for
f. Venue of Interview: Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM), Pashan Road,
g. Time of reporting: 09:00-11:00 hrs on 24 September 2018, candidates reporting after
this time will not be considered for the walk-in-interview.
h. Please bring all the documents and duly filled in application form and submit them
between 09:00-11:00 hrs on 24 September 2018 at IITM, Pune.