Partial Scholarships for Postgraduate Law programs for the academic year 2019-20 is being offered by the Queen Mary University of London (QMUL). Home/EU and International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
The Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) comes under the UK’s top research universities, ranked fifth for world-leading and internationally excellent research.
All students are being accepted by the university to have a good standard of English in order to successfully study on a course. GCSE grade C or 4 is the minimum English language requirement, though the requirements for some courses may be higher.
DESCRIPTION FOR SCHOLARSHIP:
- Deadline for application is 22 March, 2019.
- Scholarships are available to pursue Postgraduate programs.
- Subject: 10 partial scholarships (partial tuition fee waivers for 5 x Home/EU students and 5 x International students) from the School of Law for the following programs:
- LL.M Art, Business and Law
- LL.M Banking and Finance Law
- LL.M Commercial and Corporate Law
- LL.M Comparative and International Dispute Resolution
- LL.M Competition Law
- LL.M Computer and Communications Law
- LL.M Criminal Justice
- LL.M International Economic Law
- LL.M Energy and Natural Resources Law
- LL.M Environmental Law
- LL.M European Law
- LL.M Human Rights Law
- LL.M Immigration Law
- LL.M Insurance Law
- LL.M Intellectual Property Law
- LL.M International Business Law
- LL.M International Shipping Law
- LL.M Master of Laws (General)
- LL.M Legal Theory
- LL.M Media Law
- LL.M Medical Law
- LL.M Public International Law
- LL.M Tax Law
- LL.M Law and Economics
- LL.M in Regulation and Compliance
- LL.M in computer and communication law (Distance learning)
- LL.M Sorbonne Law School
- M.A. Regulation and Compliance
- LL.M Regulation and Compliance
- M.Sc. Law and Finance
- Scholarship Award: The partial cost of tuition is only covered under the partial scholarships in the form of a fee waiver; the scholarships do not cover accommodation fees or additional course costs (books etc.). Scholarships are not payable directly to successful applicants but are off set against your student fee invoice. On the basis of academic merit the scholarships would be awarded, the submitted personal statement in response to the set question as detailed in the application, and in some cases, financial need and professional/extracurricular achievements.
- Nationality: Home/EU and International students are eligible to apply.
- Number of Scholarships: 10 partial scholarships (partial tuition fee waivers for 5 x Home/EU students and 5 x International students) from the School of Law.
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligible Countries: Home/EU and International students
REQUIREMENTS FOR ELIGIBILITY: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
The Partial Scholarships are only open to applicants who have an offer of study on the full-time option of the programs listed above and are not open to those with an offer on a part-time program.
For LL.M programs, you will be restricted to modules available within the LL.M program for which you have an offer of study.
You must inform us if you have applied for funding elsewhere and are successful in receiving such funding. In the event that you are awarded funding elsewhere we will withdraw your application. The offer of being awarded our School of Law partial scholarship will be withdrawn if you are awarded one of our partial scholarships and are then awarded funding elsewhere.
How to Apply: Before applying for funding you must have a full time offer of study (either conditional or unconditional) in place.. You will be required to apply for the scholarship via our online application link.
You must submit the following documents with your online application:
- 1000 word (max) statement in response to the following;
‘Please explain why you want to study for the chosen program at Queen Mary University of London, specifying the area of law and the modules you have a particular interest in. What you will bring to the program and why you feel you should be awarded a scholarship; focusing on your academic and professional achievements (if relevant) and financial need.
- Transcripts of your law degree and any other legal qualifications. Please submit relevant, translated copies only.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- 1 x Reference letter (This can be a copy of the reference submitted as part of your program application or, if not available to you, you must obtain a reference specifically for this scholarship application). Please do not submit more than one reference letter.
For submitting your application online
You will need to complete the online application form and submit ALL required documents by following a link at the bottom of this web page – but before you do it is crucial that you read the information below first!!