The J. N. Tata Endowment for the Higher Education of Indians has been scrupulously
carrying out its founder’s mandate for more than 126 years, awarding loan
scholarships to candidates of exceptional merit and enabling them to pursue quality
higher education at some of the best institutions in the world. A meticulous process of
selection equipped to deal with nationwide competition ensures that only “the best and
most gifted” are selected.
- Applicants should be Indian nationals who are graduates of a recognised Indian University and have secured at least 60% in their last academic examination.
- Students in the final year of the degree course and those awaiting results are eligible to apply.
- Candidates may apply even if they do not have the admission/offer letters, at the time of making the application, from the Universities to which they have applied for the academic year 2019-2020.
- Mid-career professionals not older than 45 years, with a good academic record and experience in their fields, specialisation or training may also apply.
Loan Scholarship Process
- The J. N. Tata Endowment awards a one-time loan scholarship to Indian nationals only at the beginning of the course for full time Postgraduate/Ph.D./Postdoctoral studies/Research Fellowships studies abroad, in all fields, irrespective of caste, creed, gender or community.
- The amount awarded as the loan scholarship ranges between Rs.1,00,000 and Rs.10,00,000.
- The selected scholars may also be recommended for a gift scholarship and travel assistance from our allied Trusts. A gift scholarship can be for a maximum amount of Rs.7,50,000 and the travel grant can be a maximum of Rs.50,000.
- To apply, click here.
- Registration for the application form is available till Mar 11.
- Completed application form should be submitted by Mar 18.
For any queries, contact
- Phone: +91 22 66657774/ 66657198/ 66657681
- E-mail: email@example.com