Awarded to citizens of India who undertake undergraduate or postgraduate coursework study in UQ’s Faculty of Business, Economics & Law (excluding the MBA program).
- Citizens of India, who normally reside in India and are not already undertaking any studies in Australia. Those studying English in Australia are still eligible to apply.
- Students who wish to commence their program at UQ in Semester 2, 2019
- Students must not simultaneously hold another scholarship
- Students who have received an unconditional offer for a relevant undergraduate or postgraduate coursework program and who are commencing students at UQ (the opportunity is not open to currently enrolled UQ students, or students studying at UQ on study abroad or exchange).
- The scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic excellence and high achieving students are encouraged to apply.
How to apply?
- Lodge an official application online here for your chosen undergraduate or postgraduate coursework program. You must apply for your chosen degree program first before applying for the scholarship.
- Receive a UQ Student ID Number and an unconditional offer (or a conditional offer providing that all conditions are to be met by the scholarship application closing date).
- Once you have received your offer, complete the Faculty of Business, Economics and Law International Scholarship Application Form online here. You will be required to submit the following with your scholarship application:
- Personal/motivational statement
This statement should be no more than 1,000 words and address:
– The reasons for your interest in your chosen degree program, including why you wish to study this program at UQ
– Your personal goals and ambitions and evidence of any previous activities or experiences (including voluntary activities) which demonstrates your commitment to those goals and ambitions.
- One reference letter from teaching staff at your institution or from an employer, if available (in English). The academic reference letters should ideally rank your academic performance against your peer group.
Please ensure that you read through all the information outlined above and provide relevant documents as outlined in the Scholarship and UQ Application Forms.
If your application for your chosen degree program has not been assessed by the scholarship application closing date, unfortunately, we cannot take your scholarship application into consideration.
Scholarship application opening/closing dates
For commencement of studies at UQ in Semester 1, 2019:
Applications open 1 May, 2018 and close on 31 October, 2018
For commencement of studies at UQ in Semester 2, 2019:
Applications open 1 December, 2018 and close on 30 April, 2019
Please refer to the Scholarship Terms and Conditions here.
- You are encouraged to read the definitive rules for this scholarship prior to application, in particular any specific eligibility conditions and check the FAQs if you have any questions.