India Fellow is a 13-month full-time paid fellowship program that has the following three major aspects:
- Training, Peer Learning & Workshops: The fellowship has approximately 7 weeks spread over the duration of overall 13 months where the fellows meet at a common point for training. This is into 3 parts namely
- Induction training (18 days) at the start
- Mid point training (12 days) at the end of 5 months
- Travel workshop (10 days) and end point training (4 days) at the end
The India Fellow pedagogy is unique. It engages a very strong collective of multiple sector leaders, academicians, practitioners from the development sector and young leaders. The training focus on development theory and practice, leadership skills, program management, organizational development and innovative approaches including design thinking, participatory rural appraisal and systems thinking.
- Work Assignment with a Grassroots Organization: Fellows spend most of their time with a reputed, authentic and committed organization working on various social issues. During this, the fellow will be living in their work areas, typically rural setups, and working on a specific role. The immersion is a powerful experience for fellows to look inwards as well as understand issues India faces at large. The organization supports the fellow with a monthly stipend of Rs. 15,000 for living expenses.
- Mentorship: Every fellow is supported with a mentor who is an expert in their domain and will personally be a philosopher and guide to the fellow in his/her journey. Along with that, the fellowship ecosystem consists of sector leaders, alumni and personnel from various organizations who are constantly available and interacting with fellows to enrich their experience.
- You are between 21 to 28 years of age
- You are already a graduate (in any discipline) or will be before fellowship begins
- You are an Indian citizen
- You are ready for a 13 month full time commitment to the fellowship
- You understand that this is not just a job and will expect you to be engaged 24X7 in the process with the community
- You understand that you can be placed in any part of the country and in any thematic area
Selection to the India Fellow program is a 3 step process:
1. Applicants fill a detailed online application form.
2. Shortlisted candidates will go through a telephonic interview.
3. Those who qualify, will be invited for a day of assessment process and personal interview in one of our centres at – Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bangalore, Hyderabad and Chennai.
Final selections will be announced via e-mail by end of December, 2018.
Fellowship begins from February, 2019.
Phone: 011-26217460 (between 10.00 to 18.00, Monday to Friday)
Click here for official website.